The municipal territory spreads outs over t he spur which marks the dividing line between the basins of Secchia and Enza, near the springs of the Crostolo torrent and along the winding state road of the Cerreto Pass. Located in the middle of the Reggiano hills, it's tallest peaks don't exceed 600 mt.
The sandstone which prevails amongst the composition of the reliefs, profoundly affected by atmospheric agents, gives rise to particular rocky outcrops and to spectacular forms of erosion which are amongst the most interesting of the entire provincial area, the so-called "devil walls". Vegetation is thick, favored by good weather conditions and extensive wooded areas on which no man has yet to leave any significant signs of transportation. The original high trunk woods and the oaks have been in many cases replaced by chestnut woods alternated with vast agricultural fields.
The origin of the center is strictly tied to the ever-increasing importance of the antique communications road of the ridge which re-climbed the valleys of the Campola torrent and continued towards Paullo and Costaferrata.
Due to these characteristics the administrative capital does not have particularly relevant buildings. At the junction for Giandeto there's an elegant building probably of the 18th century. On the façade there's an arched portal surrounded by an oval oculo;
The Casina church dedicated to San Bartolomeo, begun in 1934, has a stone structure, finished off with a façade divided into three parts and a small arched crowning part.
On the façade, scanned by Pilaster strips, there are three portals and a central rosette.
More noteworthy instead is the historical building patrimony surrounding the administrative capital.