The church of Frascaro in ancient times dedicated to San Bartolomeo, is described as "not cared for" in reports of a visit in 1543.
Not far from this one is a parochial church called Saints Giacomo and Filippo di Villola, from which the village around it takes its name.
In 1665 the San Bartolomeo oratory borrowed the name from the second church, which was destroyed by a flood.
The construction, with a double weathered cover, bears on one side a stone ashlar dated "1869".
The interior has a sole nave with three altars.