Search this site

Church of Saints Fillippo and Giacomo of Frascaro

Contacts:

  • 0522 812401

Place:

Frascaro - 42035 Castelnovo Ne Monti

How to get there:

Accessibility
From Castelnovo ne' Monti follow for a few kilometers the SS 513 up to the location Casino where at the intersection you take the left road for Frascaro.

Entrance fee:

Gratuità

Gratuitousness:

Yes

Tourist Area:

Apennines

Geographic Area:

Matildic Zone

Analytical text:

Description
The church of Frascaro in ancient times dedicated to San Bartolomeo, is described as "not cared for" in reports of a visit in 1543.
Not far from this one is a parochial church called Saints Giacomo and Filippo di Villola, from which the village around it takes its name.
In 1665 the San Bartolomeo oratory borrowed the name from the second church, which was destroyed by a flood.
The construction, with a double weathered cover, bears on one side a stone ashlar dated "1869".
The interior has a sole nave with three altars.
Last update: March 8, 2021

Municipality:

Castelnovo ne' Monti
Piazza Gramsci, 1
42035 Castelnovo ne' Monti (RE)
0522 610111
0522 810947

A cura della redazione IAT Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica dell'Unione Montana dei Comuni dell’Appennino Reggiano
Via Franceschini 1/a - 42035 Castelnovo ne’ Monti (R.E.) | Tel. 0522 810430 Fax 0522 812313 | E-mail: iat@appenninoreggiano.it