Gottano - 42020 Vetto
How to get there:
Distance from the administrative capital 5 km
from the administrative capital you take the SP 57 in the direction of Ramiseto up to Gottano
Externally the church is always visible, to visit the interior tel.: 0522/81525
The church dedicated to Saints Pietro and Paolo, is mentioned for the 1st time in a document of the Reggio Emilia Cathedral in 1213.
In 1318 it's a daughter-house of the Campiliola Parish to which it belongs up to 1727 when it is subject to the Plebanato of Nigone.
The belfry of the Gottano church rises in the area of the antique village fort of which it incorporates a few structures. To be pointed out is the building's surface in opus quadratum.
the inhabitants call the tower of the church "Golden fort".
A legend states that when the castle was being built a small treasure was buried, probably a cast of gold, hidden there by Matilde di Canossa herself.
Last update: March 8, 2021