This church, a very antique Parish of the Parmesan bishopric, is cited in documents of 1230. Tradition has it that this church was built by countess Matilde di Canossa, who had different estates in this area. In the inventory of 1664 we read: "newly restored church made with new wood, with the chancel on the face with its iron chains with six windows and locks and gratings and pillars". On a wall of the rectory you notice a sandstone slab with the inscription: "Non ti fidar dichi si sia – ch'al fine si va rodendo – d'amicizia il crine – c.n.f. die 2 juli 1661". (do not trust he – who at the end - is consumed with the horsehair of friendship) From a report of 1729 we get the following description of the church: "…constructed in antique times, without a vault and ceiling but with strong wood connected with iron stays, well covered with roofing tiles, its main door faces west… and it has a minor door facing north…it has its chancel facing towards the east…it is provided with a bell tower…and there are three altars". In 1868 the chancel was pointed out as being constructed on the façade and on the cover with exposed framework. The recent church, reconstructed in false Romanesque style, maintains only a fragment of a capital and a baptismal font of the antique Parish.