Gazzano - 42030 Villa Minozzo
How to get there:
From the administrative capital it's about 22 km
From the administrative capital you take the SP 9 for Civago; 3 km from this location take the SP 61 for Gazzano
Esternamente è sempre visitabile, per la visita all'interno della chiesa contattare il parroco.
The church of San Marco is recalled in 1318 as daughter-house of Toano. In the XVII century it underwent various enlargements. Towards the middle of the XIX century the building was rebuilt from its foundations and at the end of the new restorations were underway. The present day construction reveals architectural and stylistic characteristics of the XIX century centered on a wide façade bearing a quadrangular portal surmounted by a tympanum marked by a cornice in relief. A stone ashlar bears the year "1853". The rectory erected in the second half of the XIX century, is noteworthy stylistically speaking. Particularly significant is the 1800's bell tower, separated from the body of the church. Not far away there's a praiseworthy 1600's oratory dedicated to the Sant'Antonio of Padua, characterized by front portico supported by circular cros-section mullions. In the oratory there's a noteworthy icon depicting the crowned Madonna with Child.
Last update: March 8, 2021