Piazza Matilde di Canossa - 42033 Carpineti
How to get there:
From Reggio Emilia SS 63 as far as the junction toward Marola (after the "Seminario" tunnel), then SP 98 following the road markings.
37 km far from Reggio Emilia.
From SP 7 Scandiano, Viano, Baiso
Distanza da: Km. Casello Aut.le: Km. Uscita SGC: Km. Stazione Ferroviaria: Km. Strade Statali e Provinciali:
The monument is made by Verona pink marble and present on the sides of its base four golden coloured plate, on which the epigraph and the fallen names appear, while at the top of the obelisk there is a cross. The Fallen names are distinct from "1915-18 War/ Soldiers and deported men in Germany 1939-45/ Partisans 1944-45/ Civil victims 1944-45. The work, inaugurated on the 8th November 1922, could be possible thanks to the initiative of the promoting Commitee and to the launch of a pubblic subscription. The three dates which appeared in the epigraph base remind respectively: 1685, the year in which the plague epidemic saved the centre of Carpineti; 1924, the year in which the gravestones devoted to the Fallen in the War were discovered; 1992, the year in which the square was set up. " N.Brugnoli, A.Canovi - Le Pietre Dolenti ".
Last update: July 10, 2019