Search this site

Obelisk in Casina

Place:

All'esterno del cimitero - 42034 Casina

How to get there:

Place: Casina Way: From Reggio Emilia you can travel the 63 SS to Cerreto Pass. Distance from Reggio Emilia: about 30 km.

Tourist Area:

Apennine

Geographic Area:

Mathildical zone

Additional notes:

Description: It is a structure made of stone placed on an embankment.The unveiling of the monument, by the sculptor Enrico Prampolini, dates back to November 6, 1927. Dedicated to the dead soldiers of the 1915 -18 war, the manufactured product was then modified through the adjustment of some plates in white marble unveiled on November 2, 1947. In 1990 the monument was moved from the centre of the village to the cemetary. So the graves surrounding the work were placed at its foot and they follow the difference in height of the land. The celebrative epigraph is situated at the top of the structure made of stone. The names and particulars of the fallen people are divided into "Fallen for freedom", "Dead in war", "Civil fallen", "Missing for freedom", "Missing in different fronts".
Inscription: "Casina to her dead people // 1915 - 18 // 1935 -38 // 1940 - 45. "N. Brugnoli, A. Canovi - The Sorrowful Stones".

Analytical text:

Typology: Obelisk
Last update: July 10, 2019

Municipality:

Casina
P.zza IV Novembre, 3
42034 Casina (RE)
0522 604711
0522 609464

A cura della redazione IAT Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica dell'Unione Montana dei Comuni dell’Appennino Reggiano
Via Franceschini 1/a - 42035 Castelnovo ne’ Monti (R.E.) | Tel. 0522 810430 Fax 0522 812313 | E-mail: iat@appenninoreggiano.it