Search this site

The church of Saint Francis of Assisi in Cereggio

Contacts:

  • 0522 817238

Place:

Cerreggio - 42030 Ramiseto

How to get there:

Accessibility
It's about 7 km from the administrative capital
Route:
From the administrative capital you take the SP 15 in the direction of the Lagastrello Pass up to the road for Cereggio

Opening times:

The church can always been seen from the outside, for visits inside ph.: 0522/817238

Entrance fee:

ingresso gratuito

Gratuitousness:

Yes

Tourist Area:

Appennines

Analytical text:

Description: In the year 1643 the oratory of San Francesco of Assisi was built, it then became a parochial church. In 1705 it resulted as "sita est in eminenti colle…est satis angusta, tabulata, dealbata cununico altari ad occidem". The present day church, small with two altars, dates back to 1751 while the bell tower was erected later in 1863 and the sacristy in 1868.
Last update: March 8, 2021

Municipality:

Ventasso
Via della Libertà, 36
42032 Ventasso (RE)
0522 891120
0522 891520

A cura della redazione IAT Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica dell'Unione Montana dei Comuni dell’Appennino Reggiano
Via Franceschini 1/a - 42035 Castelnovo ne’ Monti (R.E.) | Tel. 0522 810430 Fax 0522 812313 | E-mail: iat@appenninoreggiano.it