Search this site

The church of Saint Peter in Savognatica

Contacts:

  • 0522 816320

Place:

Savogantica - 42033 Carpineti

How to get there:

Accessibility
Location Savognatica. It's 4 km from the administrative capital. You get there taking the SP 76 in the direction of Colombaia.

Tourist Area:

Apennines

Geographic Area:

Matilidic zone

Analytical text:

Description
The chapel of San Pietro of Savognatica is mentioned in a document of 1240. The church in 1538 resulted as being joined to the country church of S. Vitale of Carpineti. In 1709 it is described as having a reinforced nave with three altars and facing south. The church rises on a knoll west of the village of Savognatica. It is oriented liturgically and has a sloping façade. In the front there's an architraved portal, a niche for the picture of the titular and a circular upper rosette. The belfry rises on the northern side and is enclosed by a single-light window cell. The four-layered cover is imposed on an eave cornice, which is in relief. The rectory is attached to the church.
Last update: March 8, 2021

Municipality:

Carpineti
Piazza Matilde di Canossa, 1
42033 Carpineti (RE)
0522 615019 0522 615020
0522 718014

A cura della redazione IAT Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica dell'Unione Montana dei Comuni dell’Appennino Reggiano
Via Franceschini 1/a - 42035 Castelnovo ne’ Monti (R.E.) | Tel. 0522 810430 Fax 0522 812313 | E-mail: iat@appenninoreggiano.it