Search this site

The church of San Prospero in Costabona

Contacts:

  • 0522 805124

Place:

Costabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo

How to get there:

Accessibilità
Località: Costabona
Dista dal capoluogo Km 7circa
Percorso: dal capoluogo si percorre la SP 8 fino all'abitato di Quara dal paese si imbocca una SC per Costabona

Entrance fee:

ingresso gratuito

Gratuitousness:

Yes

Tourist Area:

Apennines

Additional notes:

Additional information
You can always look at it from the outside, but for a visit inside contact the parish priest.

Analytical text:

Description
Between 1456 and 1462 the church was raised to the level of parish. San Prospero was united to Secchio to which it remained tied to for about 200 years, in 1643 it was definitively separated from the nearby church, with a decree and thus became an independent parish. The antique church, which at first was a chapel dedicated to San Prospero, remained roofless. In 1673 the building was enlarged and renovated. In 1707 it had a single nave and two altars, facing north. It was demolished in 1876 and then reconstructed and consecrated on November 24th 1881. It has a modern design with three altars
Last update: March 8, 2021

Municipality:

Villa Minozzo
Piazza della Pace, 1
42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)
0522 801122
0522 801359

A cura della redazione IAT Informazione e Accoglienza Turistica dell'Unione Montana dei Comuni dell’Appennino Reggiano
Via Franceschini 1/a - 42035 Castelnovo ne’ Monti (R.E.) | Tel. 0522 810430 Fax 0522 812313 | E-mail: iat@appenninoreggiano.it