Civago - 42030 Villa Minozzo
How to get there:
Location Savognatica. It's 19 km from the administrative capital, you get there taking the SP 9 up to the gallery that leads to Civago.
The tower is above the gallery.
La Torre dell' Amorotto sarà oggetto di un intervento di restauro conservativo finanziato dal progetto APE (Appennino Parco D'Europa).
The real name of the Amorotto tower is the Tower of the Scalelle, which derives from the configuration of Mt Beccara on which it stands. The mount is quite similar to an enormous ladder made with multiple shelves. Various stories about assaults, ambushes, and vendettas regarding Domenico Amorotto surround this tower as he often used it as his refuge. In the year 1000 the Count of the Scalelle had a building erected from which the current tower apparently derives. The construction was used as a lookout and defense post for the underlying road. From a few documents it appears certain that the tower belonged to Bartolomeo Dallo. At the beginning of the XVI century the fort was occupied by Domenico Amorotto, the famous bandit of the Reggiano mountains and subsequently took on his name.
Last update: July 10, 2019