Castle of Debbia Baiso
Debbia - 42031 Baiso
How to get there:
The tower can be seen going along the mountain road of the Secchia river.
The building is found is the location Debbia on the ex SS 486 15 km from the administrative capital.
The big ruined tower is what remains of the antique castle of Debbia, it has a squared ashlar surface and is accessible through an elevated aperture located on the southern façade.
The feudal vassals who are connected to it are quite numerous. The first statement of the feud appears in a deed of 1144.
The castle belonged to the Fogliani until 1451 when it was sold to Duke Borso d'Este.
In 1487 Duke Ercole awarded Giulio Tassoni the investiture and the count's title of Debbia, Saltino and Levizzano.
The last lords of Debbia are the Marliani of Modena who succeeded by the Fontana and the Bianchi, bought the castle in 1707 and kept the property until the abolition of feuds which took place in 1796.
Last update: April 11, 2022