Chiesa di Sant' Apollinare di Casteldaldo - Carpineti

Place:

Casteldaldo - 42033 Carpineti

Municipality:

CARPINETI
Piazza Matilde di Canossa, 1, 42033 Carpineti (RE)
0522 615019 0522 615020 , 0522 718014
territorio@comune.carpineti.re.it
www.comune.carpineti.re.it

Contacts:

  • 0522 893216

How to get there:

Accessibility
Location Casteldaldo. It's 8 km from the administrative capital. You get there taking the SP 7 in the direction of Baiso and then the SP 64 in the direction of Valestra.

Gratuitousness:

Yes

Tourist Area:

Appennines

Geographic Area:

Matildic zone

Analytical text:

Description: The dedicated to Sant' Apollinare was consecrated in the middle of the XII century. In 1318 it was amongst the churches dependent on the S. Vitale Parish of Carpineti. In 1376 Bishop Pinotti called for its restoration. In 1450 the church collapsed after a violent earthquake which definitely compromised the structure. Starting from the XIV century the church was united to the one of S. Bartolomeo of Bebbio and S. Michele called "Saxeto". The church was reconstructed towards the middle of the XVII century with the stones of the ruined walls of the castle. The S. Bartolomeo rectory, during the reconstruction, substituted the church during religious rites. The construction is directed liturgically. It has simple sloping façade on which an architraved portal opens and has a small four-foiled upper window. The bell tower rises on the northern side and ends with a double-light window cell. The interior has a single nave with three altars.

Last update: April 11, 2022