Church of Saints Pietro and Paolo at Campolungo
Montale - 42035 Castelnovo Ne Monti
- 0522 812588
How to get there:
It's located in the fraction of Montale
The first information regarding this church dates back to 1226.
In 1302 and 1318 it appears among the churches subject to the Camiliola parish.
The church of Campolungo, in precarious condition in 1543, in the middle of the following century appears equipped with rectory, belfry, and bells but without sacristy and chancel.
In 1748 a nave with 2 semi-circular chapels were rebuilt in the presbytery and in the second half of the 19th century the complex underwent important restoration.
Of the original construction only the arched portal situated in its enclosure remains.
The current complex has a single - hall shape with caisson.
Construction date: About 1226.
Last update: April 11, 2022