Castle in Bebbio
Bebbio - 42033 Carpineti
How to get there:
You get to Bebbio taking the SP 7 and 64 respectively in the direction of Baiso and Valestra
Il castello è osservabile solo dalla strada perché è proprietà privata.
The 15th century castle of Bebbio is surrounded by a garden and enclosure by battlement walls from which three cylindrical towers soar up.
The existence of a fortified construction is certified by a document of 1115. Dominion of the castle passed from the Bebbi and to the Fogliani. Marquee Marliani then followed suit, in dominating the feud, who at the beginning of the XV century, ordered the construction of a new complex at a lower level than the older one. The new construction became a residence.
In 1707 the Marchisio, new proprietors, took steps to adorn the portal with their coat of arms, which is still visible today.
The last descendant of the family adjusted and embellished the construction, which was sold In 1954 to count Benedetto Pigratti Morano of Custoza from Modena and in 1996 to the Prodi family. The current residence, product of these re-elaborations of the castle, is now a private dwelling and therefore can be seen only on the outside. The structure has a rectangular body with corners facing the cardinal points, flanked by two tall circular towers. On a third tower, still round by lower than the former ones, there's an octagonal plan chapel on the main south-easterly side, it has an external entrance
The castle is visible only from the road because it is private property.
Last update: April 11, 2022