Cereggio - 42030 Ramiseto
Piazza Primo Maggio, 3, Loc. Cervarezza, 42032 Ventasso (RE)
0522/891911, 0522 891520
How to get there:
from Parma tollbooth along A1(64 Km)
fromi Reggio Emilia railway station 62 Km
from Ciano d'Enza railway station 26 Km
from Aulla (MS) railway station 54 Km from Bologna airport 120 Km From Reggio Emilia: SS 63 as far as the fork toward Ramiseto, then SP 15.
From Parma: SP 513R as far as Vetto d'Enza (58 Km), the SP 53 (10 Km)
From Aulla (MS): SP 665 toward P.sso del Lagastrello, then SP 15 in the direction of Ramiseto(54 Km) Follow the road markings toward Cereggio.
Member of the Roman Empire became Villa of Vairo commune;it belonged to the imperial jurisdiction and in commenda to the Duchi of Parma. During the Este census in 1415 it appeared to have, together with Temporia, 15 openings and 2 not better described houses. In Cereggio a customs for the Este bounds was estasilished. After the 1874 it became a member of Castelnovo Monti commune until the 1860, when it joined the one of Pieve S.Vincenzo, and then Ramiseto.
In 1643 S.Francesco from Assisi oratory was built up, and it became parish church in 1644.
In 1821 the church was associated to the diocese of Parma and to the vicariate of Palanzano until 1853, when it came back to the diocese of Reggio Emilia. The present church was under construction in 1751, it was little and with two altars; the belltower was built in 1863 and the sacristy in 1868.
Last update: March 7, 2023