- 0522 810430 IAT di Castelnovo ne' Monti
- 0522 891120 Municipio di Busana
Historical Information. We go back to the 10th century to find "Mount Cervario", name of a border territory which is today called Cervarezza. This latter name, which from Mediaeval Latin means "place of the deer", has officially appeared as such at least since 1106. While the first written evidence of the existence of a chapel is from 1153. Cervarezza is at the centre of civil disputes (among the families who had settled in the valley; Dalli, Valisneri and the town of Reggio) and ecclesiastic (Arch-priest of Campiliola and Rector of Busana). In 1315 there were about 200 inhabitants and it is catalogued along with Busana, a town with which it shares a sole municipal organization. In 1387 the Dalli acquire the right of patronage of the S. Maria Maddalena oratory, thus becoming also the proprietors of Lake Ventasso: their influence on the life of Cervarezza, which on Mount Ventasso has its traditional summer pastures, is obvious. Afterwards, dating from the 16th century, the Estensi domination gradually imposed itself. Cervarezza thus followed the events related to Busana, until, in the Napoleanic period, for a few years it had its own independent municipality, within the district of Castelnovo. A little outside the town, at the junction for the deviation for Ramiseto, there are ruins of a small fort built in the XIX century by Duke Francesco IV.
(G. Giovanelli, 1993).
How to get there:
Dista da Busana km 3. E' servito da autobus di linea ACT.
You reach Cervarezza taking the SS 63 in the direction of the Cerreto Pass, it is at the bottom of the valley. It is 3 km from Busana. There is an ACT bus service. Altitude: 899 m
Last update: March 7, 2023