Chiesa di San Prospero di Cagnola

Place:

Cagnola - 42035 Castelnovo Ne Monti

Municipality:

CASTELNOVO NE' MONTI
Piazza Gramsci, 1, 42035 Castelnovo ne' Monti (RE)
0522 610111, 0522 810947
urp@comune.castelnovo-nemonti.re.it
www.comune.castelnovo-nemonti.re.it

Contacts:

  • 0522 811172

How to get there:

Accessibility
From Castelnovo follow for a few kilometers the SS 513, once at the location Casina take the road on the right.

Entrance fee:

ingresso gratuito

Gratuitousness:

Yes

Tourist Area:

Apennines

Geographic Area:

Matildic zone

Analytical text:

Description Tradition has it that the church of San Prospero of Cagnola was one of the ones built on behalf of Countess Matilde. In the XV century it appeared as being united to Ginepreto and Groppo and in the XVII century to Frascaro. The church, reconstructed for the first time towards 1700, got its current Matildic layout in 1828. Works done in 1964 allowed large fragments of the original construction to be reclaimed. On the southern side there's a sequence of antique "opus quadratum" walling with a small, narrow, slanted window, probably a remnant of the antique medieval church. 1700 (period of construction).

Last update: April 11, 2022