Ephiscopal Seminary of Marola

Place:

Via Seminario 12 - Loc. Marola - 42033 Carpineti

Municipality:

CARPINETI
Piazza Matilde di Canossa, 1, 42033 Carpineti (RE)
0522 615019 0522 615020 , 0522 718014
territorio@comune.carpineti.re.it
www.comune.carpineti.re.it

Contacts:

Description:

Religious Hospitality

Services and Facilities:

Opening times:

Open year-round

Structure:

A brief history... Traditional tourist destination, Marola is known for centuries for its matildic Abbey and the nearby Seminary, an important historical site in the surrounding area. The church was founded by the countess Matilda of Canossa between 1076 and 1092. Later was founded the monastry. The church and the monastry received land equipments from the contess and the hermits were in such number to constitute a prosper and authoritative religious community. Quickly the monastery of Marola consolidated acquiring other estates outside the surrounding area. The Abbey has one hut front with a round arch. It can be observed a double-arched window in the middle. Two cloisters and circular towers enrich the site.

Last update: June 13, 2022