- 0522 810430 IAT di Castelnovo ne' Monti
- 0522 899121 Municipio di Ligonchio
Historic signs. Reliable documents of 1163 guarantee that all the Ligonchio area was so popular by pilgrim that, from the near Touscain, passing by the Pradarena pass, reached the Benedectine Hermitage of Bismantova. The conflicts between touscain Guelfi and Ghibellini influenced the Ligonchio history, where the exilied Guelfi seek refuged. This is proved by the Lily at double flowering that, in 1233, appeared on the concil money coined by the bishop Maltraversi and that stand out on the emblem of the municipality yet.
How to get there:
The town is connected through provincial roads to the nearby towns of Busana, Collagna and Villa Minozzo. Through the SP 32 to the Pradarena pass (the highest in the province, open to motor vehicles at 1579 m), it is also connected to the Tuscan Region. InHabitants: 868 (updated to 31/12/2011) Altitude: 949 m. above sea level. Ligonchio is the highest communal administrative capital in the Reggiano Apennines
Last update: March 7, 2023